19 Ways To Honor + Support Your True Desires
Often we get clouded by the all of the things that we are told to want in life and forget what it is that we truly desire in life. It’s not about pretending to want what the rest of society wants: big houses, fancy cars, lots of money, busy lives, etc. It’s about taking the time to find out what you truly want. Keyword: YOU.
What are YOUR desires in life? What do YOU want in this life?
Knowing your desires is important.
Putting them into action is even more important.
Be strategic with your desires. Prioritize what’s sacred to you and create your life — choice by choice. You can have what you desire.
With all that in mind, we wanted to put together a list of 19 tips for honoring and supporting your true desires so you can start to make things happen:
1. Do more things that you enjoy.
2. Do less of the things you don’t enjoy.
3. Stop procrastinating on the life you want and take action.
4. Plan for success.
5. Make the choices every day to stay in alignment with your values.
6. Know that you can have your dream life.
7. Do the work.
8. Release the 'power' of societal norms and what society thinks you 'should' be doing and how you 'should' live your life.
9. Question the status quo and what you want out of this life.
10. Be grateful for the way things happen.
11. Set some goals.
12. Dream big.
13. Start small.
14. Persevere: pick up something you gave up on.
15. Tell someone your dreams and desires.
16. Create your bucket list.
17. Create a vision board.
18. Give your ideas and dreams the focus and attention they deserve.
19. Spend the time to get to know yourself + your true desires.