Fashion vs. Style: Find Your Bliss
Fashion: a popular trend, especially in styles of dress and ornament.
Style: a distinctive appearance, typically determined by the principles according to which something is designed.
Have you ever thought about the difference between fashion and style?
We have and here are our thoughts . . .
The fashion industry changes so often that it's hard to keep up. This cycle creates a problem for the environment because there is more waste and especially for our bank accounts because we are always buying something to try to keep up with trends. Once high-waisted pants or crop tops go out of fashion people get rid of them. The shelf life of a fashion item is very short.
If you choose to wear only what's in fashion because that’s your style, then wonderful. But if you feel like you have to keep up with others and the fashion industry in order to be worthy as a person then you may want to rethink your approach. Find your style, wear what makes you feel amazing and what expresses what is in your heart and soul.
We want you to embrace your style and choose high-quality pieces (preferably ethical + kind) that will last and that will make you feel great for a long time.
Find your bliss.
Your personal style will most likely be completely different than your neighbor but that's what makes you beautiful and unique!
Here are our favorite 'fashion vs style' quotes:
- “Fashions fade, style is eternal.” -Yves Saint Laurent
- “Fashion is what you're offered four times a year by designers. And style is what you choose.” -Lauren Hutton
- “Style should never feel forced - you should let it happen.” -Taylor Layne
- “Don't be into trends. Don't make fashion own you, but you decide what you are, what you want to express by the way you dress and the way you live.” -Gianni Versace
- “Anyone can get dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their days off that are the most intriguing.” -Alexander Wang
- “Style is a way to say who you are without having to speak.” -Rachel Zoe
- “The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows and the beauty of a woman only grows with passing years.” -Audrey Hepburn
- “To me, clothing is a form of self-expression - there are hints about who you are in what you wear.” -Marc Jacobs
- “Don't 'steal' another person's style, but instead, be inspired and motivated by it.” -Taylor Layne
- “Style is knowing who you are, what you want to say, and not giving a damn.” -Orson Welles
- “Over the years I have learned that what is important in a dress is the woman who is wearing it.” -Yves Saint Laurent
- “Fashion can be bought. Style one must possess.” -Edna Woolman Chase
- “With fashion, the industry is the leader and consumers are the followers. With style, your soul is the leader and your wardrobe is the follower.” -Taylor Layne