Spirituality: What It Is + How To Embrace It!
If you’re new to the idea of spirituality, you may have some preconceived notions about what spirituality is, and that’s ok! Dressing in black, lighting a million candles, chanting, and partaking in some voodoo may be one of the things you’re thinking right now.
But it’s not like that (anymore). There are so many ways you are practicing spirituality every day without even realizing it.
What is spirituality anyway?
Spirituality is about connecting your authentic self with something much larger than you that helps guide your life. Connecting with your larger force should make you fee grounded and uplifted at the same time. It will help give you the guidance you need and crave to inspire and lead you in the direction of your dreams.
Having a spiritual practice is an opportunity to connect with yourself and whatever larger force or higher power guides your life. The larger force can be anything you resonate most with like God, the Universe, Buddha, Spirit Guides, The Force, the pages of your journal, etc. It doesn’t matter what you feel most connected to as long as you feel connected to it.
If you’re feeling a little down, just practice reminding yourself that you are love and you are loved. Tell yourself that you are open to receiving all the love that being sent your way, with no question about it.
Having a spiritual practice should be empowering. It’s a tool that you can use to help you live the life you want. But if we put too much pressure on ourselves to do it daily or maybe even multiple times a day, it can quickly become very mechanical, stale, boring, and you may start to dread it. Indulging in your spiritual practice should come easy and shouldn’t be stressful. The best thing you can do is to go with the flow: check in with yourself regularly and ask yourself what it is that you need. It’s okay if you go weeks without connecting to your higher power but only if that truly works for you. If it works for you to connect multiple times a day, do that!
It’s called a practice for a reason. And every practice looks different. Find what works for you darling.
38 Ways To Embrace Your Spirituality + Bring More Good Vibes In Your Life
Pick your favorites and get started. Once you’ve mastered those, then pick a few more and keep just keep going.
- Connect with nature.
- Embrace your creativity.
- Watch the sunset.
- Establish a gratitude practice.
- Use mantras.
- Spend a day alone.
- Prioritize self-help + actually take action.
- Love yourself.
- Take a personal retreat.
- Light some candles and read.
- Try out yoga.
- Understand that there is a lot in life that is unexplainable, and be ok with it.
- Choose love over fear in every situation.
- Choose your teachers + mentors wisely.
- Try some Feng Shui in your home.
- Choose love over fear.
- Use aromatherapy.
- Acknowledge how much love and joy you have in your life.
- Notice the beauty of small moments.
- Be open to receiving guidance.
- Dig into some astrology + learn more about your sign.
- Experiment with crystals.
- Experiment with tarot cards.
- Be willing to let go of resentments.
- Stop and smell the roses. Literally!
- See everyone as equal.
- Find comfort in community.
- Establish a meditation practice.
- Explore holistic health.
- Practice the F Word: Forgive.
- Dabble in essential oils for your mind, body, AND soul.
- Practice spreading love in everything you do.
- Do a set of sun salutations when you wake up.
- Know that everyone is on their own journey and be okay with it.
- Hold space to feel your feelings: the good, the bad, and the ugly.
- Listen to the yearnings of your soul.
- Believe in miracles.
- Expect miracles.