Vacation Packing Checklist
If you're reading this, it probably means you've got an adventure coming up soon and you’re probably getting ready to do your shopping for new and fun items to pack whether you’re going to a local destination or a beach far away.
We’ve done the work for you with this handy dandy list of healthy & ethical essentials!
- Shampoo & Conditioner . . . Herbal Shampoo and Conditioner will help cleanse and moisturize your mane from the wind, ocean, chlorine, and normal wear and tear.
- Face Care . . . Servello Organic Foaming Face Cleanser + Servello Jojoba & Aloe Face Lotion . . . done!
- Soap . . . Try these options. Much healthier than hotel room samples!
- Body Scrub . . . These babies will exfoliate and save your skin from drying out to keep it nice and smooth!
- Lotion . . . Organic body lotion is essential to for hydrating your skin and giving it a natural glow. Especially if you'll be out in the sun during your adventure.
- Deodorant (aka: pit paste) . . . Our favorite DIY recipe: 2 parts baking soda + 2 parts cornstarch + 1 part coconut oil + a few drops of your favorite essential oil (store in a small glass jar).
- Body Spray . . . These are some of our favorites for warm weather fun! AND they double as Room Sprays.
- Feet Care . . . Mini Feet Treat Kit (travel size), especially Toe + Heel Butter. We don't know about you, but when we’re on vacay we tend to be barefoot most of the time, so it’s important to keep your feet exfoliated and hydrated.
- Nail Polish . . . Healthy nail ‘gear’.
- Toothbrush & Toothpaste . . . Try this healthy DIY recipe: equal parts baking soda + coconut oil + a few drops of peppermint essential oil.
- Coconut Oil (well, for everything!) . . . 1. shaving; 2. makeup remover; 3. oil pulling (swish in your mouth for cleaning and detoxifying) 4. lip balm; 5. sunscreen (see below)! Oh my! (Make sure to use Organic Extra Virgin Unrefined to receive the benefits!)
- Swimsuit & Cover-Up . . . Find a swimsuit and a cover-up that makes you feel beautiful and completely comfortable. It’s time we stop feeling uncomfortable and start feeling empowered! :)
- Beach Tote . . . Portland CarryAll in Sunflower. Toss all your beach favorites in this beauty and hit the sand!
- Sun Protection . . . Coconut oil, baby! Make this DIY sunscreen from Dr. Axe!
- Oh, and your hat! . . . Go bold with the Avery Fedora in Sunflower to match your Portland CarryAll or go more neutral with the Avery Fedora in Navy. Either way, you will be stylin’ in the sand!
- The favorite tank AND the favorite tee . . . Choose ones that make you feel comfortable AND beautiful.
- Lightweight scarf . . . These are some amazing, fair trade, and versatile scarves you can wear anywhere!
- Flip flops, sandals, & booties . . . Pack your ‘go to,’ fun, and comfy shoe for ‘touristy’ activities, walking around town and hanging by the pool!
- Date night outfit, of course! . . Pack your dress, your handbag, your jewelry, your shoes, and your smile. (Also, check out this post as a date night resource.)
- Sweaters for chilly nights, can’t forget that! . . . It’s great to have a dressier option, a casual option, and an in-between option.
- Happy gorgeous feet = happy gorgeous night, right? . . . Bring your favorite fabulous wedges or heels, but make sure they are comfortable!
- Exercise gear . . . A comfy top with a pair of soft leggings, and your sneakers! If you plan on meditating or releasing your inner yogi . . . don’t forget your mat! :)
- Sleepwear . . . A comfy, slightly oversized tee and leggings make a stylish and comfy ‘pajama’ outfit!
- Jewelry . . . A statement necklace, earrings, and some fun rings is all you need! Simple.
- Handbag & Tote . . . Pack your travel tote full of essentials for easy access and the best messenger to mosey around town & complete any outfit!
- Camera . . . Capture your amazing adventure. Get creative, shoot from all angles, but be sure not to let it take up all of your time! Snap a few shots, and then sit back and enjoy!
- Sunglasses, Sweetie . . . Protect your eyes with some unique and ethical sunglasses at the beach, walking around, and traveling!
- Reading Material . . . We love to travel with Spirituality + Health magazines! So inspiring and uplifting to read in a relaxing setting on the beach or while in transit!
- Travel Journal . . . Soulful! Use for sketching, writing ideas, or journaling about events you want to remember. Bring a gorgeous, travel size journal for on the go!
- Water Bottle . . . You will most likely be having fun in the sun and indulging in the wonderful eats and sips so it will be important to keep your water bottle handy to keep yourself hydrated. (Tip: Choose a glass water bottle to help eliminate the toxic factor of the plastic alternative.)