What The Heck Are Life + Health Coaches?
Hiring a holistic life coach could be exactly what you need to guide you, support you, and give you the tools you need to make things happen and finally live the life you’ve always wanted.
I am a holistic life + business coach, but for today, we are going to focus on the holistic life part. (I’ll save the business side part for another time.) After a long journey and a few pivots in this life of mine, I am happy where I am meant to be. Here, with you, serving as a holistic life coach for people who are ready to ditch their limiting beliefs and everything that isn’t working for them and step into their power and live the life they’ve always wanted. I help people become the best version of themselves that they can be.
When I tell this to people, I get lots of follow-up questions. Understandably. After all, it sounds pretty open ended and it’s definitely not an industry that’s been around for awhile. It can be a puzzling job to those who have never heard of health coaching, life coaching and the like.
So I am here, today, for you. To answer your most frequent and burning questions about what it is that I, and others like me, do in this field.
What is a Health Coach and Life Coach?
Instead of diving right into what the heck a Holistic Life Coach is or does, let’s first start with some more well-known alternatives: health coaching and life coaching.
At a time when lifestyle-related diseases are at an all time high and people are feeling worse than ever and getting sick at an alarming rate, health coaches are here to provide the nutritional guidance, support, and accountability people need to get their health back in order and feeling their best.
Like our health, our happiness and overall well-being and meaning of success and fulfillment are at risk. We are getting trapped in these lives that we often don’t want and not going after what we truly desire in life. Enter, life coaches. Life coaches help people define themselves and create the life they envision. They help their clients focus, support them, motivate them, challenge them, and celebrate with them along the way. Through specific strategies, exercises, tools, and skills, life coaches help their clients discover what’s going right, get rid of or re-tool what's going wrong, create a plan, set detailed actions steps, and hold them accountable for following through on it all.
The difference between the two really is in the name. One is focused more on health, and the other, life. It’s good to note though that there is lots of overlap between the two, it just depends on which you prefer to focus on.
What is a Holistic Life Coach?
A holistic life coach is very similar to a life coach. The difference is obviously the word holistic. Holistic Life Coaches come from a more holistic angle to the coaching. See, we are made up of mind, body, and spirit. Holistic Life Coaches put these at the forefront of the entire coaching process, always.
Their toolbox is from a more holistic background: chakras, essential oils, whole foods, emotional healing, mindset work, astrology, affirmations, mantras, gratitude, minimalism, desire mapping, personality questionnaires, aromatherapy, spirituality, superfoods, time management, abundance living, manifestation, crystals, impact, and more.
Holistic Life Coach’s guide, motivate and inspire positive life changes through holistic strategies, tools, exercises, and skills.
Why use the word “coach”?
When you hear coach, you probably think of a sports coach, we aren’t quite like that. Also notice, we aren’t consultants. We don’t tell you what to do. You will never see me telling you how to live your life; “this is what you should eat, this is what you need to say to your best friend, this is who you should be”, etc.
We guide you to what you want and find the way that makes the most sense FOR YOU. It’s an interactive process where we both work through finding what’s the best option for you. In client sessions, you will often hear me saying “How does this feel? What do you think of this? What are your reservations? What are you excited about?”.
What can a Holistic Life Coach help with?
We work with clients on most importantly, themselves and their relationship with themselves, but also in the other major or minor areas of their life. We can spend our time together on one area or all of them.
There are 7 main areas I work with clients on:
- Mindset + Beliefs
- Wellness + Vitality
- Soul + Spirituality
- Impact + Community
- Love + Relationships
- Business + Career
- General Lifestyle
They more specifically expand into any of the following:
- Discovering what is important to you and what your motivators are so you can use them as tools.
- Defining the life that you want.
- Taking control of your life again.
- Developing the habit to celebrate each step of your journey.
- Blasting through limiting blocks and fears.
- Financial security and independence.
- Creating a drama-free life.
- Building powerful and meaningful relationships.
- Finding the ideal job, career or business.
- Finding the ideal partner or relationship.
- Getting out of a rut.
- Making an important life transition.
- Starting or growing a business.
- Identifying core values and passions.
- Clearing clutter and getting organized.
- Making more money and saving more money.
- Gaining more time to enjoy life.
- Breaking free from energetically draining people and situations.
- Discovering, harnessing, and sharing your life’s purpose.
- Mastering confidence, self-worth, and self-esteem.
- Prioritizing your own needs.
- Managing anger, upsets, frustration, fears, stress, grief, loss, sadness and change.
- And much more.
Whether your goal is to have increased energy, lose weight, have more positive thoughts, learn to have better and deeper relationships with loved ones, find more meaning in your career, etc, we help you discover where you’re struggling and why, and help you navigate the world of contradictory “self-help” advice to figure out exactly what works for your life.
What are the benefits of having a Holistic Life Coach?
- Accountability. Between our sessions, I’m going to give you some fun and productive homework to continue the momentum and check in on how things are going between our sessions. It’s all because I love you and want you to succeed. My clients take bigger actions, set bigger goals and think bigger when they work with me.
- Expedited Results / Speed. Things will start to happen much quicker than if you were to do it on your own.
- Expertise. Most likely your coach has gone through the same thing and/or they’ve coached a whole lot of people who have. Bottom line: this is their job.
- Stress-Free Guidance. Don’t you worry, the entire process is done in a non-stressful way.
- Gain An Outside, Unbiased Perspective. As a Holistic Life Coach, I tell it to you straight because it’s in my best interest for you to succeed in your desires.
- Effectiveness. Because I’ve ‘been there and done that’ I know how to help you not only be efficient but also effective.
- Momentum. I am your cheerleader and I’m going to show you how to create even more cheerleaders. So, when we complete our work together, you will have the momentum to keep going further. It happens every time.
- More Free Time. When we work together, we are efficient and we’ll cut out all the crap and get straight to the bones of what you need to do. Which means, more free time for you!
- Fresh + Vibrant Outlook. Get ready to see life on a whole new level!
- Access. You’ve got my number and my email. I expect you to use it :)
- Resources On Resources On Resources. I’ve got the lifelong tools, techniques, and resources to help you on your kind journey.
What does it look like to work with a Holistic Life Coach?
There are lots of different ways to work with a Holistic Life Coach but the most common is to meet 2x per month for 3-6 months in person or via Skype. During the coaching sessions, we work through anything currently limiting you or bringing you down and work towards where you want your life to be. In between the sessions you have phone and email support from me to help you work through anything coming up! It’s really that simple.
Maybe you’re looking for more purpose and passion in your daily life. Or you’re feeling stuck and seem to be facing the same problems and situations that you have been for years. Or maybe you are waiting until you know the answer to make the next move, or waiting for that next opportunity, next job, or stuck dreaming about the business you want to start, and the impact you want to make in the world. Whatever it may be, coaching can be the catalyst for sustainable and positive change.
Make the choice to invest in your health, your happiness, and your purpose in this beautiful life. Let’s hop on the phone to chat about how I can help you reach the life you’ve always dreamed of.
I will coach you through shifts in your every day to create the life you've always dreamed of. I am ready for you, but the question is, are you ready to step into your power, get what you want, and live the life you truly desire?